Deciding to pursue a passion and start a business is an exciting endeavor. One thing that separates lightworkers from other business owners: When you’re a lightworker, you have every intention of keeping your business ‘pure’ and ensuring that you follow your inner guidance to bring your baby to life. And you likely start off that way and watch your business grow, reflecting the inner dream that you know came from your connection to the Universe. And then life — or business — happens.
You get sucked into the outside world and forget to pay attention to your inner world. You start hearing about what you ‘should’ do in your business and stop tuning into what comes naturally and what your unique function can be. You get pulled into a world of measuring your success based on metrics that have nothing to do with where you’re trying to go.
And the longer you follow that path away from your soul, the more burned out you feel and the less enamored you become with the business that used to make your heart sing. Does this sound familiar to you or do you suspect you may be veering off your heart’s path? Here are some signs that you’ve lost your focus and your business needs an intervention to get back on track.
- Your head is more in control than your heart.
- You’re looking for outside validation whether through social media likes or praise from clients.
- You’re afraid to do your own thing, looking instead at how others are doing the work that you do.
- You’re getting less and less done, with no interest in changing that.
- Your work doesn’t excite or interest you.
- You’re thinking about quitting.
- You know something is no longer working, but you’re not sure what.
- Your entire focus is on money rather than passion.
- You don’t care if you make a difference.
- You’re only focused on results; to hell with the process.
- You don’t believe you’ll ever succeed.
- You want to move forward but don’t know where to go.
- You’re taking action just for the sake of taking action.
- You’re doing what you ‘should’ do rather than what you ‘want’ to do.
The good news is your plight is not an usual one. Many light workers and entrepreneurs of all types go through periods in which they fall off their chosen path — or the path changes. Lightworkers are more prepared to handle such crises than other business owners. Watch this space and you’ll see how.