We wrote earlier about ways to find Tarot reading jobs. There’s another resource for those who are looking to take their Tarot reading skills to the next level and make money doing it. Professional Tarot: The Business of Reading, Consulting & Teaching by Christine Jette is another resource you can tap to get ideas on creating a successful Tarot reading business.
If you’re looking to make extra money doing Tarot readings on the side, this book may be particularly helpful since the author, Christine Jette, successfully juggled nursing, psychology, teaching, and Tarot consultation. With Jette’s background in psychology, she also delves deeply into the counseling aspects of Tarot card reading. One thing that psychics quickly realize is that much of their work revolves around counseling. With the Spiritual information you’re being given, you’re expected to help clients to incorporate that information into their lives. Jette’s perspective touches on the importance of the counseling work that you will do as a Tarot reader, or any other psychic for that matter, and how it’s important to take that aspect very seriously.
The book will walk you through many concepts.
- You’ll learn whether it makes sense to develop a special niche as a Tarot card reader. For example, will you specialize in love or life purpose or will you be a generalist?
- You’ll learn how to market your Tarot card reading business even if you don’t have a huge marketing budget.
- You’ll learn how to find out about any zoning or tax laws in your community and whether there are special rules that you must follow as a Tarot card reader.
- You’ll learn how to make the most of Internet and phone readings.
- You’ll learn how to work with teen-age clients. Again, Jette’s perspective as a counselor provides insight into whether you need to consider certain things when dealing with select groups of clients.
- You’ll learn about ethics when it comes to running a Tarot card business. Are there ethical questions you’ll face? (you bet there are). Jette helps you figure out how to handle them.
- You’ll learn how to make extra money teaching others how to read Tarot cards.
- Finally, one of the most valuable sections in the book is that it explains how to recognize “psychic burnout” and what to do about it. You utilize a tremendous amount of physical, emotional and spiritual energy when you conduct Tarot readings. Make sure you learn how to ground yourself and institute self-care methods so that you protect yourself and avoid becoming overwhelmed by the energy work you’re doing.
Whether you’re looking to run a Tarot card reading business full-time, or you’re just looking at Tarot card reading as a way to make extra money, Professional Tarot: The Business of Reading, Consulting & Teaching provides practical advice that will make your road to entrepreneurship much easier.