Deep down inside, you’ve always been a Reiki healer. You’ve been drawn to energy work and you come alive when you are able to be of service. You’ve had all three levels of basic training and you’ve offered Reiki treatments to your pets, your friends and your family. But are you ready to offer your services to paying clients?
Right now you likely have a job that pays the bills but you have no passion for it. Reiki, however, makes you come alive. Is it possible to make a living as a Reiki healer and if so, do you have what it takes?
First of all, making a living as a Reiki healer is definitely possible. In fact, there are many people making a good living doing something they love and providing a service that they believe to be their purpose. A look at the web site Thumbtack, which features business owners offering their services, shows that some Reiki healers charge anywhere from $80 to $90 per 60-minute Reiki session. The only question remaining is whether becoming a Reiki business owner is the path for you.
Signs you have the Reiki business bug
I’ll be the first to tell you entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone. Sure, it’s great to be your own boss, but there are some cons that you should be aware of:
- You don’t have a steady paycheck. Sometimes business may be booming; other times it may be slow. You have to be able to handle the ups and downs, particularly in the beginning as you are trying to build your clientele.
- Success or failure relies on you. When you are a business owner, you don’t have someone else you can fall back on. You are responsible for finding the clients, doing the work and keeping the business running.
- You can’t just focus on Reiki and ignore the business. When you are simply a Reiki healer, Reiki can be your passion and your sole focus. However, when running a business, you have to think about other things like marketing, finances, and legal matters.
Signs a Reiki healer is ready to go into business
If hearing about the cons of business ownership hasn’t scared you away, that’s a good sign soulpreneurship might be for you. Here are some other signals that you’re ready to take your healing practice to the next level.
- You have a growing desire to encourage healing to as many people as possible.
- Emotionally and spiritually wounded people are drawn to you and always ask you for advice.
- You have a knack for knowing when someone needs healing.
- You are willing to make some sacrifices in order to follow your heart.
- You are comfortable with some level of uncertainty.
- You are not afraid to take risks.
- You yearn to leave the confines of your current job.
- You have some level of financial stability.
- You can easily visualize yourself running a thriving Reiki business