Last Updated on
A new study by the Pew Research Center describes’ Americans beliefs about religion and spirituality, but it also shows that lightworker businesses have a sizable audience of believers to offer services to.
According to the study:
- 26 percent of Americans believe that physical things such as crystals and mountains have spiritual energy.
- 25 percent of Americans believe in astrology.
- 24 percent of Americans believe in reincarnation.
- 23 percent of Americans believe in yoga as a spiritual practice.
- 49 percent of Americans say they have had a religions or mystical experience.
- 29 percent of Americans say they have been in touch with someone who has died.
- 18 percent of Americans say they have seen or been in the presence of a ghost.
- 15 percent of Americans say they have consulted a psychic.
This is the type of market research that can help you to better determine the size of your market. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 311 million people in the United States. If 15 percent have consulted a psychic, that’s more then 46 million people. If 26 percent of Americans believe in the presence of spiritual energy, that’s potentially 80 million people who might be interested in having energy work done. If 29 percent of Americans say they have been in touch with someone who has died, that’s potentially 90 million people who might be open to seeing a medium.
If you’ve been thinking about starting a lightworker business but you’ve been hesitant to do so, these statistics should reassure you that your work is valued and there are people who are looking for your services.
Other posts of interest:
- Intuitive Consulting: A $2 billion business
- Lightworkers: What’s too much to charge?
- Your clients may be your best teachers